Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hidden paginated sub reports in an app cannot be viewed

If my sub reports are hidden in the app, the users receive an error that the report is unreachable.  Why is this experience different for PBIX reports with hidden tabs?

Please fix this bug.

Hi  @AnalyticLife 

Sub reports ? Can you explain it with screenshot or video in detail ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @AnalyticLife 

Sub reports ? Can you explain it with screenshot or video in detail ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

AnalyticLife
Frequent Visitor

My company blocks ability to upload.

In Power BI Apps, in the Audiences I have 4 Paginated reports available.

One is the main report and the other 3 are sub-reports that are linked to from the main file, with parms being passed.

The 3 sub-reports I hide with the "eye" icon.

I publish the app.

When a user clicks on a link from the main report to try and view a sub report, they are presented with an error popup "Sorry, we couldn't find that report" and then are redirected to the App main page.

If the sub-reports are not hidden, it works fine.  

GClubine
Regular Visitor

We use the same technique with paginated reports, and have the same issue. This was a fairly common technique used with SSRS reports, and used to work the same way with paginated reports. 

We need to be able to differentiate 'visible on navigation' from 'accessible to run'. We don't want the user to be able to run the sub-reports from the navigation menu - the reports are not meant for that, they are only meant to be accessed via the link generated within the main report (which includes appropriate parameter values).