Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

[Help Needed - BUG] PBI Data View not letting me filter on the column I selected

Dear PBI Community, 

Issue - PBI Data View not letting me filter on the column I selected, it jumps to a random column/dimension instead. 

I.e. Select Column I want to filter, click on the down arrow on the column >>> Instead of seeing the drop down, it takes me to a random column in the dataset. 

I have tried all basic troubleshooting, even recreating the column, and even reinstalling PBI Desktop itself. 

As you can imagine, this is incredibly frustrating and tiresome. 

This is happening across multiple workbooks/ columns, not just one column. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

AL 

Hi @alim8,

Issue has been reported internally(ICM 328143236). Will sync here once there is any update.

Best Regards,                                                  

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
DaveJoe1000
Regular Visitor

There is an updated August PBIX available now, downloaded it and I don't seem to have the column selection/column jumping issue.  Thought I'd post in case people were still on an older PBIX version.

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same for me: whenever I try to filter a column the screen "jumps" to the beginning of the table, I can only filter the first columns in that side of the table. It's happening for every single report and every single table in Data View.

Versión: 2.108.603.0 64-bit (agosto de 2022)

alim8
Advocate I

@DaveJoe1000  

Unfortunately, I have a different experience and the issue still persist eventhough PBI version is up to date 😞

Version: 2.108.603.0 64-bit (August 2022)

alim8
Advocate I

Hi @v-cazheng-msft 

Do we have any update on this?

Just an observation - we've noticed this is an issue with larger datasets. 

Not so much in smaller ones.

Thank you,

AL

alim8
Advocate I

Hi Support Team - any updates on this one? 

Thank you