Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Height of visuals, shapes, buttons isn't configurable after july update

Since last update I am not able to adjust the height of visualisations, buttons, shapes, ...

It was known that in the format pane you had to enter a minimum of 40 px but most of the times we could make that smaller by adjusting the height via the sidebars of the visual itself. Now this is not possible anymore and the behaviour is even more strange.

For example when I add a button, Power BI makes the button by default 40 px.

When I use the sidebars to make it smaller, Power BI makes it bigger and adds 6 px so the height is now 46 px.

I can only make this smaller by the formatting pane but only again to 40 px. This makes it impossible to create visually stunning reports with visuals that are aligned beautiful.

For example: I have a report with a filter, slicer and 2 buttons which I created before the july update and luckely the height stays the same but when I know add an extra button I can not align it with the filter, slicer and other 2 buttons because I can't change the height.

Please make it possible again to change the height of all kinds of visualisations, buttons, textboxes and shapes to less than 40 px as it is important in dashboards we can use all the space and create enough whitespace between visuals

new height logic in power bi.PNG

Friendly greets

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @svenvu,

I have sent a email to consult this issue internally, will update here once I get any information. 

By the way, do you test it in Power BI desktop version 2.60.5169.4101 64-bit (July 2018)? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

svenvu
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I am using the dutch version but it has the same version number:

version pbi.PNG

Thank you for any updates on this one!

Friendly greets

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @svenvu,

Thanks for your information. PG team are investigating this issue. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @svenvu,

The visual header changes do interact with this though because the 40px included the visual header before but doesn’t now when the “modern header” option is selected. You can easily get back to the old behavior by not using that option. If it’s very important, I’d suggest doing that. Once you’ve got your visuals as small as you want them, turn it back on.

q4.png

PG team already created a bug for this issue and will implement a true minimum actual size for visuals that’ll be very small. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

svenvu
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft and PG team

Thank you so much. It will be really helpful to set small sizes with the formatting pane.

Will this also include textboxes, buttons and shapes or only visualisations like charts?

Friendly greets

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @svenvu,

I think the answer is yes. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

mike_honey
Memorable Member

From my testing, this is now resolved.  I can drag the bottom border up to make really tiny buttons, images, charts etc.

I'm running 2.64.5285.582 64-bit (November 2018).