Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Having issues retrieving connection to established direct-query data model

I have a data model created using direct-query to azure tables. As I close my pbix file and re-open it at a later time, it opens with errors (picture below). Cancelling this error, as I hit Refresh, error comes back for not being to update certain tables. Closing the error, if I hit refresh again, next it would bring error back for some other tables that were connected/updated before. This keeps going for a few iterations and then at one point all tables get loaded and updated and my visuals get populated. The whole thing keeps happening every time I open the file - even after I save and close.

PBIX DirectQry Error.jpg 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @IS_MN,

1. Which data source do you get data from? Is it Azure SQL database? 

2. Which Power BI desktop version do you run? How about the result if you test with the latest Power BI desktop version 2.64.5285.741

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

IS_MN
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I'm running the latest version (Nov) of Power BI desktop. Using direct-query (spark) to Azure data lake (databricks).

Thanks,

Ishret

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @IS_MN,

This should be the same issue as this known issue listed on Support site: 

w5.PNG

You can try the Power BI desktop October version to workaround the issue currently. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

IS_MN
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Qiuyun. My issues actually started happening while I was using October version. Then I thought Nov version may resolve it and upgraded. I can try going back again just to check if it gets resolved.

Thanks,

Ishret