Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Guest B2B users see "Your Power BI session expired" after 15m, redirected to home tenant/signup page

Approximately 15 minutes after logging in to access the Power BI apps in our tenant (the inviting tenant), our external/guest B2B users see a "Your Power BI session expired" prompt, and are then redirected away from our Power BI tenant and are unable to navigate back. 

Where the user is redirected varies based on the user licensing scenario (note: all of our external/guest B2B users have a Power BI Pro license directly assigned to them in our tenant):  

1. Users that have a free Power BI license in their home tenant are redirected to their home Power BI tenant site/workspace.

2. Users that DO NOT have a free Power BI license in their home tenant are instead redirected to the Power BI signup page.

Other notes: 1. This seems to be occurring across all browsers. 2. Users are able to re-gain access to our Power BI resources only after signing out and back in, however, their sessions are always limited to 15 minutes. I have confirmed this affects external/guest users of ours from multiple tenants.

Comments
ChrisA
Regular Visitor

@kaushalprashant Doesn't appear to be affecting my environment, but haven't tested with newly created/invited guest users. I'll update if anything changes. 

kaushalprashant
Regular Visitor

We have more users (new) now reporting this.

Scenario: Users are external to our tenant. We are providing access to them to access Power BI Service by adding them to our AD, and use the Power BI Pro License that is available in their tenant.

Power BI pro license on 1st mail ID (a@abc.com); email ID to access application on 2nd mail ID (b@abc.com).

Existing users of this setup are able to access without any issue, new ones are impacted.

Any thoughts/ direction is helpful.