Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Grouping stuck after changes

Hi,

I'm experiencing issues when grouping a large amount of catagorical labels per edit, when using the build in grouping functionality released in the October 2016 release.

When I exceed a given amount of labels grouped in "one go", when finalizing and clicking "Ok" the "Working on it..." will appear, but be stuck. I'm unable to exit the process and the only way to gain control of the program again is by exiting the program completely from windows task manager.

If I instead group a few items at a time, everything works fine, but working like that would significantly increase my work time.

Suggestions to why this happens and how to avoid it, besides being a problem with the desktop client?

Comments
arthurcruz
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here.

Very annoying one indeed.

And the randomness is very intriguing.

nevens
Regular Visitor

Here too, happens frequently, no obvious pattern. The same issue was encountered by many others during a recent practical training event within our organization.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting this same issue as well

Casper_Zhuang
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I am also having the same problem which never experienced before. I am only trying to group several items at a time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a workaround is to press alt+f4 and the grouping should be completed.

martijnvbalkom

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issues. When multiple groups are made in one go, the screen gets stuck on the 'processing' screen. However, the workaround by @Anonymous works perfectly, thanks a lot!

Basvanbaar
Frequent Visitor

Problem still exists! @Anonymous's solution does the trick but would be nice to have this solved properly!