Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Group Outline

After grouping a bunch of visualizations, there would be a white outline box when hovering over it. It is especially obvious in a darker theme.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @zilaifeng

Which darker theme do you mean? If you import the custom theme, please share .json file with us. Also please share a screenshot to show the issue, do mask sensitive data before uploading here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

zilaifeng
Frequent Visitor

Hi Qiuyun,

I did not use a custom .json file - I changed the color manually on the desktop.

Attached screenshot is the issue I was talking about. As you can see, the bulb, the text, and a blank button on top are grouped together, and whenever I hover over it on Power BI Service, a white outline would show (it is the outline for the group, I do not have any outline or border turned on for any of the visuals).

This is a bit annoying to see, I was wondering if that could be fixed.

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Zilai

zilaifeng
Frequent Visitor
zilaifeng
Frequent Visitor

Hellllllllllo

cj1905
Advocate II

This is actually still happening, but grey when there is a white background. It happens when the user is interacting with a visual, such as clicking on a row in a table. 

Looks really awful when you have nested grouping as you then are getting multiple lines depending on how many clicks there are on the same visual!! @v-qiuyu-msft this clearly wasn't followed up...

Grouping ghost outline.PNG

mseidl
Regular Visitor

Any update on this? This issue just appeared for us like a week ago (we never had problems with it before). Does anyone know how to resolve it?
Were you able to fix this @zilaifeng @cj1905 ?

JentonBI
Frequent Visitor

This was a problem in the past, was fixed, and has recently become an issue again. Hopefully it is resolved quickly as it very unsightly and I can't imagine any case where it would be the desired behavior.