Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Graph colours change once document saved or uploaded

I have created some graphs and changed the colours to match what then end users wants.

Save the document to my computer.

When i go into the document again the colours have changed!

Also I have loaded the document to the web, when I opened it and it has also changed the colours

I am running Desktop Version: 2.43.4647.541 64-bit (February 2017)

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Simon_H

Which visuals did you create and which colors did you changed? I created some visuals and changed the front color, background color, label color and data color, and these colors all can be retained after I closed and reopened the PBIX file, or opened the published report in PBI Service.

It is better to provide your PBIX file to me so that I can have a try with your file.

Graph colours change once document saved or uploaded_2.jpg 

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Simon_H
Regular Visitor

Hi, here are 3 screen prints (can't send out the PBIX).

Orginal desktopOrginal desktopAfter save desktopAfter save desktopWebWeb

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Simon_H

Is it possible to create another sample file which does not contain any sensitive data and provide it to me (through online file service)?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Simon_H
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

strangely, I have been working on the reports and this is no longer happing! I have no reason why.

If I experience this again I will create a version with dummy data and let you have a copy.

CrassJoin
Advocate I

See this thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Report-colors-changing-when-published/m-p/156697#M22397

Seems to be a common and logstanding problem. My suspicion is that it might relate to the usage of custom themes.