Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Google Bigquery connections no longer working in PowerBI Service

Hi there, 

since today I started experiencing connectivity issues in PowerBI service when connecting to some of my views in BigQuery. This was working mere hours ago. Also in desktop this works just fine.

The error message is the following:

ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverOAuthSupport] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Couldn't connect to server ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverOAuthSupport] (8701) Error interacting with REST API: Couldn't connect to server Table: DimLesson.

I don't know what has changed. I just know that all my refreshes on service are failing now. The latest successful refresh was at 2:57.

Help!

Jaap

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please spread out the refresh schedules to avoid overlaps to check if the same issue occurs. See: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/REST-api-to-google-big-query-crashes/td-p/800366

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is interesting. So the refreshes I do all come from views, but those views are connected to the same table. Could that be what is causing it? Not sure how to fix that though...

And if this was the problem, do you have an explanation of why it works flawlessly in powerbi desktop? It also seems way more reliable in a dataflow (0 failures in 4 refreshes so far)

Thanks!

ju_jacobowiski
Frequent Visitor

Hi, exactly the same is happening to me since Sunday - before that everything was working fine (some failures during the refresh now and then - but I could sort it with 'on demand' refresh).

Seems it's happening in other regions as well. Please share if you have any news on this topic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Ju, can you check the topic you just responded to and see if that fixes your issue as well? It's about adding a billing project to your connection.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/REST-api-to-google-big-query-crashes/m-p/870798#M82790

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu