Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Google Big query: "Couldn't Load Model Schema"/ "Failed to update Data source credentials"

Hello there,

Yesterday there was an error message on the pbi report interface that said "couldn't load model schema" in relation to the Google Big Query API. We've been using this data source for months and have not had this issue yet. And when going to the dataset settings to validate credentials I get the following error:

Failed to update data source credentials: [DataSource.Error] Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://www.googleapis.com/oauth2/v4/token' (400): Bad RequestHide details

Activity ID:

6582660f-1790-44e3-8816-d3a5e6675b84

Request ID:

cca391d6-39af-a8f1-b2a0-319210725aae

Status code:

Time:

Tue May 19 2020 08:34:17 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Service version:

Client version:

2005.1.00976-train

Cluster URI:

https://wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

After this error the report works suddenly without the original error. But then after a few hours it fails again with the "Couldn't load model schema" error.

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@ebonnintm 

Try to clear the cache and refresh token. You could also create a support ticket for assistance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem and this did not happend before.

warpraptor
Frequent Visitor

I had a similar issue and did create a ticket yesterday, but I haven't heard or seen anything from that.  I was able to finally get RE-logged in (same credentials that had worked forever suddenly stopped working inside PBI desktop). Basically, I ended up telling PBI that I wanted to use a new Google login (instead of the correct one that was listed in the OAuth prompt); I simply added the same Google user and went through the login/authentication process and everything worked correctly.