Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Google Big Query authentication script error

I seem to be having issues with the Google Big Query authentication window, it will pop up for crentials and when I go to populate credentials there is a script error. If I click yes to "Continue running scripts on the page", it will ask which account and I'll click the google account. Then I'll receive another error with the script except it will say

"Line: 34

Char: 48

Error: Object doesn't support property or method map"

If I continue through the it will get me to the page where presumably I would allow the data to flow through Power BI desktop, and te "Allow" and "deny" buttons are greyed out. Not sure which platform to go to to fix this issue, figued I'd try PowerBI because it is powerBI's object it is launching in.

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

I cannot reproduce it with the latest version of Power BI Desktop. To get faster and better technical support for this issue, you may directly create a support ticket.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft 

I saw that on the support page there is something going wrong with google analytics, could that be the same issue?

"Power BI users connecting to a Google Analytics data source may experience issues while authenticating. As a workaround, customers can republish the dataset from the Power BI Desktop app. Engineers are working with Google to mitigate the issue and a fix will be provided by end of week 12/20/2019."

They aren't the same data source but I just tried to authenticate my credentials with the google analytics to get data and it gave me the same script error.