Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Google Big Query - Exceeded Rate Limits (When I Really Didn't)

I am using the "Google BigQuery (Beta)" connector to pull data from two of my company's Big Query datasets.

When I try to refresh the report, I get this error message:

ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: Exceeded rate limits: Your user_method exceeded quota for api requests per user method. For more information, see https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/troubleshooting-errors

When I go look at Google's documentation about API request limits, I find two limits:

• API requests per second, per user — 100
  • Concurrent API requests, per user: 300

I am not exceeding any of these limits. I am only pulling from two Big Query datasets, so am using two concurrent queries. As far as I understand, I am not coming anywhere near Google's API limits.

This error stops my report from refreshing and so I am stuck with data that is not up-to-date. I have been able to refresh this report in the past, but now this error is stopping me.

If this is a bug, can it please be fixed? Or if there is something that I am misunderstanding, can someone please help me understand what's going on?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I would suggest you double check if it hits the limitation on Google Big Query side. You can get help here: https://cloud.google.com/support/docs/community

If it doesn't, I would suggest you create a support ticket

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi DataPerson,

did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem and can't seem to find a solution. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous,

Unfortunately, I did not figure out how to resolve this issue.

What my team did instead is move away from using the BigQuery connector in favor of using the Google Analytics Reporting API.

Though it has taken more work to learn how to use the API and work within the quota limits & sampling threshold, we are now able to pull the data directly from Google Analytics into our data warehouse, which we then pull into our Power BI reports.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

Thank you so much for the extremely quick response! I have done quite a bit of research myself and it does in fact seem like a bug. I was also trying to use BigData as a layer between my application (PostgreSQL database on Heroku) and PowerBI but apparently to no avail. I will have to find other ways as well it seems...

Very annoying!

lemarcfj
Helper I

Did anyone report this as a bug? I'm having the same issue. 

jm_n
Frequent Visitor

I am also having this issue. Any thoughts on how to solve it?