Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Google Big Query Connector (wrong project)

Dear all,

In our PowerBI dataset we run a query on a Google Big Query view.
BQ View is hosted in project "A" but we select project "B" as billing project.

When importing data, data are imported from billing project instead of target project.

CHOURAKI_1-1651477240732.png

Hi @CHOURAKI ,

I was not able to reproduce your problem, please check your data source in Power BI Desktop>Transform data> datasource settings to check if there is a problem.

What is the version of your Power BI Desktop? Please try updating Power BI Desktop to the latest version and see if the problem persists?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @CHOURAKI ,

I was not able to reproduce your problem, please check your data source in Power BI Desktop>Transform data> datasource settings to check if there is a problem.

What is the version of your Power BI Desktop? Please try updating Power BI Desktop to the latest version and see if the problem persists?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

CHOURAKI

Hi,

I have updated my PowerBI Desktop version a made another test.
It is working when you select a table in a Big Query dataset but it is not working when using Native Query.

Power Query code (anonymized):

let
    Source = Value.NativeQuery(GoogleBigQuery.Database([BillingProject=BillingProjectID]){[Name=SourceProjectID]}[Data], "SELECT field_list  monitoring.freshness WHERE table_id IN ('table1', 'table2' )", null, [EnableFolding=true]),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(Source,{{"table_id", "table id"}, {"last_modified_time", "last modified time"}})
in
    #"Renamed Columns"