Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Google Analytics "App" is a step backward.

Changing the Google Analytics content pack to an "App" isn't a good thing for us. We have 60+ web sites, not just one, and we were able to create simple reports to share with the content managers of each site and aggregate dashboards for our executives. Now we can't do either because we can't rename an "App" and we can't pin measures from the "App" to another dashboard. This was working great and has resulted in us licensing Power BI Pro for a lot of people. Now it's pretty much useless.

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@duggan,

Regarding to the above issue, you can submit a feature request in Power BI ideas forum.

Meanwhile, I would recommend you connect to Google Analytics PBIT in Power BI Desktop, then publish the PBIX file to Power BI Service.

Regards,
Lydia

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

duggan

@v-yuezhe-msft,

Thanks very much for the PBIT; this should solve our problem! I have wondered if there was a way to get access to the PBIX or otherwise modify the properties of content packs. Is there a repository somewhere that I should be aware of? The contents of this PBIT, for example, are not exactly the same as the current GA content pack.

Thanks,

Rich

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@duggan,

It is not possible to modify the properties of content pack. PBIT is actually a Power BI Desktop report template of the content pack, which provides same visuals as content pack. After you enter the required parameters in the PBIT, you can publish  the PBIX file to Power BI Sevice.
0.PNG

Regards,
Lydia