Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Google Analytics issue: There was an internal error

I have 8 websites on a Google Analytics, using the same credentials for each website. When I refreshed 7 of the websites, there is no problem. This one particular website failed almost every time I refresh, about ~90% of the time it failed.

When I load the data source, the error is 'There was an internal error.', 

evDUvxxkQw.png

and when I refresh the data source, the error is 'OLE DB or ODBC error: There was an internal error...'

ocPdVTZRTh.png

I have used this data in Power BI for almost 3 months, and the problem is always with this particular website's GA. Does anyone have this kind of issue too? Please share the solution if you have the same kind of issue. If there is any additional information that I should provide, please let me know.

Thank you.

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You may clear permissions in data source settings and try the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-chuncz-msft for you response.

I have tried clearing permissions in data source and signed back in but the issue is still there.

My Power BI Desktop version is this:

tanto2412_1-1623405436861.png

Is there any newer version of Power BI Desktop?

For your information, when I published the report to Power BI Service, the refresh is failed too.

Thank you.

ReportGuru
Helper IV

Hi, were you able to find a solution? I used the GA native connector but had some issues with my data sometimes. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I've tried windsor.ai, supemetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the GA connector in the data sources list:

GA-1.png

After that, just grant access to your GA account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your GA fields:

GA-2.png

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url.

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png