Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Google Analytics data not displaying correctly in Power BI desktop

I have an issue when importing data from Google Analytics into PowerBI desktop. Even though there is data imported from specific tables, the data is not showing correctly. In PowerBI only 53 rows of data are displayed, but the rows should be over 800. The weird thing about it is that when I filter out specific dates the rows are displayed correctly, but when I remove the filter it seems like the data is sampled. Another issue is that not all of the dates from Google Analytics are in the PowerBI dataset. There are dates that are totally missing. Below are some screenshots displaying these issues:

Only 53 rows are displayedOnly 53 rows are displayedDates are missingDates are missingSpecific dates are showing correctly when filtered outSpecific dates are showing correctly when filtered outSpecific dates are showing correctly when filtered outSpecific dates are showing correctly when filtered out

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @nikos,

In Power BI desktop, the connector connect to Google Analytics rely on the Google Analytics Core Reporting API. I would suggest you firstly check if the Google Analytics Core Reporting API returns the same result, you can check it in Query Explorer tool: https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/query-explorer/

Also please run the latest Power BI desktop version 2.64.5285.741

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

nikos
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your answer Qiuyun Yu. I do use the latest Power BI desktop version.

I, also, tested the API as you suggested and the returned query showed the below results:

Capture5.PNG

which are the right ones and match the results from Google Analytics web tool. However, the results from Power BI, when I'm running the same query, are different for Dec 4th (it's different for every date), as you can see in the screenshot:

Capture6.PNG

When I drill down on a specific date in Query Editor, though, the results are displaying correctly.

Is this some kind of a bug or?

Thanks again!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @nikos,

In Query Editor, if you click Apply to load data to data model, please go to Data tab, check if all rows loaded. 

As I don't such Google Analytics data to test it on my side, if the issue still here, I would suggest you create s support ticket to get support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

tebones
Advocate II

@nikos Did you find out of this? I am encountering the same issue. If I filter on a specific date, the data is correct. But when I lets say filter on the last 365 days (using power query) the data is incomplete 😞

BR
Trond Erik

Kmehargar

@v-qiuyu-msft  -  Our team is also experiencing this issue.  And it’s becoming problematic.  Are there any plans to address this?