cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Analytics Error when loading Data

Hi There,

Since +- 2 weeks I 've more issues when I try to apply my querries on Power Bi Desktop it takes more than ever and and the end I've this message.

"GoogleAnalytics failed to get the response: 'The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server".

I've the same error whether the whole data of 1 week of data. With Wifi or with a Cable (I though it could be a wifi instability)

Does anyone have the same issue? Or it's just me doing something wrong...

thanks in advance, 

Edouard

Hi @edby 

You mean you only get this issue in November 2021 Power BI Desktop?

Is the version of Power BI Desktop 2.99.782.0?

vcazhengmsft_0-1638257359457.png

If you simplify your query to only retrieve a small amount of data from Google Analytics, will you load data successfully?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @edby 

You mean you only get this issue in November 2021 Power BI Desktop?

Is the version of Power BI Desktop 2.99.782.0?

vcazhengmsft_0-1638257359457.png

If you simplify your query to only retrieve a small amount of data from Google Analytics, will you load data successfully?

Best Regards,

edby

Hi, 

Yes I'm using the last version of Power Bi (November 2021) and if I try to load less data (just 1 day) and it took more than 1 hour to load.

Edouard

alexfc

Hello, 

I have a similar issue. I can connect to GA and select the data I want, but the data won't load (it gets stuck on 'evaluating') and I eventually see this error:

GoogleAnalytics failed to get the response: 'The operation has timed out'.

I am trying to load very simple data:  just 1 dimension (date) and 1 metric (sessions), I am using the nov 2021 version of Power BI (Version: 2.99.782.0 64-bit (November 2021))

Thanks

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @edby @alexfc 

I understand. Please consider openning a support ticket by Support | Microsoft Power BI.  There will be a support engineer to help you on this issue.

How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,