Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Google Analytics Error when loading Data

Hi There,

Since +- 2 weeks I 've more issues when I try to apply my querries on Power Bi Desktop it takes more than ever and and the end I've this message.

"GoogleAnalytics failed to get the response: 'The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server".

I've the same error whether the whole data of 1 week of data. With Wifi or with a Cable (I though it could be a wifi instability)

Does anyone have the same issue? Or it's just me doing something wrong...

thanks in advance, 

Edouard

Hi @edby 

You mean you only get this issue in November 2021 Power BI Desktop?

Is the version of Power BI Desktop 2.99.782.0?

vcazhengmsft_0-1638257359457.png

If you simplify your query to only retrieve a small amount of data from Google Analytics, will you load data successfully?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @edby 

You mean you only get this issue in November 2021 Power BI Desktop?

Is the version of Power BI Desktop 2.99.782.0?

vcazhengmsft_0-1638257359457.png

If you simplify your query to only retrieve a small amount of data from Google Analytics, will you load data successfully?

Best Regards,

edby
Regular Visitor

Hi, 

Yes I'm using the last version of Power Bi (November 2021) and if I try to load less data (just 1 day) and it took more than 1 hour to load.

Edouard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I have a similar issue. I can connect to GA and select the data I want, but the data won't load (it gets stuck on 'evaluating') and I eventually see this error:

GoogleAnalytics failed to get the response: 'The operation has timed out'.

I am trying to load very simple data:  just 1 dimension (date) and 1 metric (sessions), I am using the nov 2021 version of Power BI (Version: 2.99.782.0 64-bit (November 2021))

Thanks

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @edby @Anonymous 

I understand. Please consider openning a support ticket by Support | Microsoft Power BI.  There will be a support engineer to help you on this issue.

How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

ReportMaster
Helper V

Hi @edby I know this reply is very late lol but were you able to find a solution? I used the GA native connector but had some issues with my data sometimes. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I've tried windsor.ai, supemetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the GA connector in the data sources list:

GA-1.png

After that, just grant access to your GA account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your GA fields:

GA-2.png

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url.

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png