Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Google Analytics API Error

Not sure if this is a larger issue so I thought I'd share. My connection to Google Analytics has been failing for the past 24 hours.

Something went wrong
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Message: GoogleAnalytics: Request failed (403): Quota exceeded for quota group 'default' and limit 'Queries per 100 seconds' of service 'analytics.googleapis.com' for consumer 'project_number:664933364861'. Table: [REDACTED].
Cluster URI: WABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 43feb122-d535-45d1-a7d8-bd657bb28545
Request ID: 86dc9717-beab-b218-78a7-1bf0ce190ae1
Time: 2020-01-08 14:08:38Z

Comments
rblack

getting the same error 

DonalMc
Advocate II

Been getting the same sporadic error for a while now.

@jmbull - my error message refers to the exact same project, i.e. project_number:664933364861 - to me this suggests that it's a Google issue.

See https://support.google.com/analytics/thread/22434418?hl=en for an analytics user thread about the same issue. Whilst there are a few other PBI users in here, there are also lots of non-PBI users, so again it would seem not to be Microsoft's fault!

jmbull
Advocate I

Thanks @DonalMc , this issue resolved itself overnight for me. Hopefully it did the same for everyone else!

EDIT: I spoke too soon. This issue reoccured. I initiated a data refresh manually and the data updated. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue on multiple projects, but all with the same project number.

Am I right to assume that noone has found a solution to this as yet?

Are Microsoft/Google aware?

Berdore
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here. I have given up on the GA connector in Power BI until this issue is resolved.

Paulien1989
Advocate II

A while ago I started a thread regarding this issue: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Google-Analytics-issue-Request-failed-403-Quota-exceeded/td...

A user named Torben replied to the thread, sharing a response he received from the Power BI product group team regarding this issue:

I have discussed with our PG Team regarding error that you have received " GoogleAnalytics: Request failed (403): Quota exceeded for quota group 'default' and limit 'Queries per 100 seconds' of service 'analytics.googleapis.com' for consumer 'project_number:664933364861' and below are the comments sent on that error by our PG Team.

"Microsoft use two different client ids, one for PowerBI.com (664933364861) and one for PBI Desktop. All customers under PowerBI.com run under the same id. The client Id in the error mentioned is for PowerBI.com, and as you can see the quotas are already set quite high. In fact there's no way for us to increase them further. We've been in contact with Google in the past about getting a special exemption to the quotas, but there was some blocker, I believe it was due to technical issues. As of right now we can provide no guaranteed work around. I'd recommend try rescheduling the refresh to another time of day if possible".

I find it unacceptable that no solution is being prepared as we speak and that Power BI is remaining this silent about it. This issue has some serious impact on businesses. Although I get the complexity, this shouldn't be something of low priority. 

7700-2
Frequent Visitor

This issue has now returned and none of my reports are refreshing, despite working fine on Desktop. Anyone else?