Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gif as button fill no longer works in service but works in Power Bi Desktop

I had small animated gifs as hover fill for buttons and that worked for months. Completely stopped now.

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

I’ve also created a button and fill it with a gif, but I can’t reproduce the same issue as yours, I can normally view it in the Power BI service.

In desktop:

vrobertqmsft_0-1632710796469.png

In service:

vrobertqmsft_1-1632710796476.png

Therefore, I suggest you to update to the latest version of the Power BI desktop and publish the report again to overwrite the original report in the Power BI service to check if this problem can disappear.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

MrMP
Helper III

Hi,

In button, it is filled with normal png but hover effect is gif. That isnt working. My power bi desktop is the latest version and republishing didnt help.

Thank you!

@v-robertq-msft 

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

Are you facing this issue in the Windows 10 20H2 version? because I can reproduce this problem in Windows 10 20H2.

I have reported this issue internally, ICM: 263778983

I will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

I’ve got this message from pg:

We're electing to do a code fix to mitigate this and make sure it works on all user agents and whether GPU utilization is turned on in the user agent.  This fix will ride the 10.1 train, which will be deployed Oct 4-6 to PROD.  No workaround in the meantime, unless a different visual is used.

Best Regards,

MrMP
Helper III

Great. That means we can expect a fix today.

Thank you!

Chuka
Frequent Visitor

Hello Team,

Any fix for this yet, I am experiencing something similar on a Report Server instance (May 2021)