Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ghost Visual

When you move between tabs there is a ghost element. It's not in the PBIX file. It's a ghost of the previous tab. Refresh makes it go away, for a while but eventually comes back as you move between tabs. 

This issue degrades the quality of my presentation and errodes my confidence in powerbi as an enterprise grade solution. I now have to go into a client meeting with this issue that wasn't there yesterday and just smile and bear it. Cool.bug.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @billmanh2

Does the issue happen in Power BI desktop or service?

Do all reports have this issue or only one specific report? 

Which visuals do you use in the report? 

It would be better if you could share a sample pbix file with us to test the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am having a similiar problem. As I move through tabs, two ghost visuals repeat on every tab I switch to. I cannot delete the visual from the incorrect tab, but if I move them to a different location on the tab, the location on the primary tab moves as well. 

Thanks, 

Christine

billmanh2
Regular Visitor

This issue still comes up. I can't share the dashboard with you for obvious reasons. However the workaround is just to delete the online version, open the desktop version, ensure that there are no ghost visuals and republish. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any information about this issue? I'm having a simillar behaviour in some reports (in desktop and PBI Service), mostly using a chiclet slicer with an image, text label, etc. and this elements appears from nowhere, despite they exist in another tab or position.

EdGonzales

Adding to this:  I made some edits to a report online (added a slicer) and noticed the same thing happening in the version published in Teams.  I went back into edit (from the online app.powerbi...), removed the slicer, and now only one of the slicers is there, but it's the wrong size.

I'm wondering if when you place the visual, that's one version, and then when you make an edit (resize, in my case), that becomes the second version.  The big problem is that the first version doesn't show in the edit screen and since I can't edit the report from Teams, I have no way to remove the errant visual.

Because I have links to this tab in Teams, removing and replacing the report on the channel was "less-than-ideal", but I did it anyway.  Didn't work.

Would love some help with this.  Thanks!