I am trying to use new Incremental Refresh feature, i am getting the below error. Does anyone facing the same?
My Data Source which i am trying currently is the Excel Files.
Error getting value from 'DataType' on 'Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.Measure'.
From the error message, there is a issue with data model. Please refresh the same report in Power BI desktop to see if any issue occurs.
Also please follow the article to ensure all steps are correct: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-premium-incremental-refresh
Best Regards,Qiuyun Yu
Yes i am following the exact steps mentioned on the documentation, i am facing no challenge while refresh the report it works without any issue. Though as soon as i select my table and click on "Incremental Refresh" I am getting that message.
>> Though as soon as i select my table and click on "Incremental Refresh" I am getting that message.
Does the issue occur when you select the table in Power BI desktop and enable "Incremental Refresh"?
Please check if all measures or calculated columns defined in the table are correct.
If possible, would you please share a pbix file with us?
Hi Qiuyun Yu
I have the same issue: I checked that all my measures and calculated column are corrects. The error occured when the table in Power BI desktop and enable "Incremental Refresh".
Then Power BI Desktop is freezed and I need to restart.
I am using a fiscal day column without time so I added a new column in Power Query with date/time format.
Do you think date format (in my case Regional settings = France) may be the problem?
Thanks for your help.
Getting this same error with US DateTime Format. so I do not think it is your France Regional Settings. I first thought it meant that I could not have a measure in the table, so I moved all measures over to a separate table and still receive the error message.
getting exactly the same error message trying to configurate the incremental refresh option.
ANd it crashes the program as well.
Need help !
I am getting the same error.
So I am not entirely sure if it will be the same issue for everyone, but it seems for me that the error message is exactly correct. There was an issue with getting the datatype of one of the measures that was created by the previous person working on this report.After troubleshooting, I found that there was an If statement that was looking to handle divide by 0 error. so it had the output being either a number or "N/A" which does make sense that it is having an issue getting the datatype for this item.
Also please note that it doesnt have to be a Measure in the actual table you are looking to setup Incremental Refresh, if you have a Measure in another table that refrences this table the error will still occur.
Hope this helps someone else, I am excited to get this Incremental Refresh working
I'm having the exact same issue. I went through and closely examined all of my 97 measures. There were quite a few that had open ended divides and lots of ones where the data type was listed as General. I fixed all of them. I then formatted them all through daxformatter, but I'm still getting that error. It's so frustrating. I hope someone is able to find a solution. I also wish PBI would provide more details about which measure is wrong.