Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Get feedback in notification center when PBIX file upload succeeds or is in progress

Hi,

I am facing an issue while uploading a PBIX to update a dataset/report that I've uploaded before - I don't really know when the upload is finished and if the upload was succeeded and my dataset/report is ready to use and up to date.

I have serveral datasets/reports that I have to eventually update. When I select a local file to upload, the service ask me if I want to replace the existing dataset. I click Replace and then nothing happens, the page shows the options for file uploads - Local file, One Drive, SharePoint, ... - it doesn't even show the loading screen that is shown when uploading a PBIX for the first time.

I think it would be really useful to have a notification place in notification center to inform the status of the file upload - the same way Azure Portal does when creating a new Azure SQL DB or Azure VM (please see the image below) - so that we can really know what's going on behind the scenes.

notification

Thanks,
Cristhian.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@cneumann

Please create an idea in https://ideas.powerbi.com for feature request.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered