Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gateway required for refresh of excel file on Sharepoint Online?

I have 3 Data sources for a report, 2 SQL Server connections and 1 Sharepoint Online connection.  Historically, the SQL Connections were brokered through my gateway, sharepoint did not require the gateway, and the report(s) were shcedueld to refresh.  Since the June updtae, I recevie an error that the gateway is missing a connection for Sharepoint. 

Do we now have to broker Office 365 Sharepoint requests via a data gateway?  When I try to add Sharepoint as a source, it fails with invalid logon, but the username and password being supplied are indeed correct.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @BenderIsGreat,

As the dataset gets data from SQL database and SharePoint online Excel, it requires gateway to refresh data on Power BI service. 

In your scenario, do you use Web data source to get data from SharePoint online Excel or with other connector? 

Based on my test, use Web data source to get data from SharePoint online Excel. If there is no Merge/Append or other query references involved between SQL database and SharePoint online Excel tables, as long as we creating these two SQL data sources in Manage Gateways section, then set the dataset uses this gateway, we are able to select oAuth2 authentication for the web data source and enter credential successfully. Please update the on-premises data gateway to the latest version 14.16.6745.2 as ours then test again. 

q2.PNGq3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info