Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gateway not appearing within dataflow settings

Hello,

Within the settings of published dataflows the gateway connection is not appearinggateway_issue.PNG

Is this issue already being addressed or is there a workaround?

Comments
blopez11
Resident Rockstar

@SallyEllis Yes, I am experiencing the same...My dataflow refreshes failed and when I go to look at the gateway settings, it just spins

blopez11_0-1658151866234.png

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @SallyEllis @blopez11 ,

May I know whether you still have this issue? If you try these steps, will you see your gateways displayed in Gateway connection? 

1 Try again later

2 Refresh your browser page

3 Clear browser cookie/chache

4 Switch to other browsers

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

blopez11
Resident Rockstar

I can see the gateway connections now, but the same gateway now shows up twice

blopez11_0-1658236681548.png

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @SallyEllis @blopez11,

May I know whether it works properly right now? Is your gateway still displayed incorrectly?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

blopez11
Resident Rockstar

The gateway is still displaying incorrectly as in the screenshot in previous post

TTR_Oliver

If you're not seeing the option to configure a gateway connection within the settings of a published dataflow in Power BI, there could be several reasons for this issue. Here are some steps to troubleshoot and resolve the problem:

1. Check Gateway Installation: First, make sure that you have the Power BI Gateway installed and configured correctly on the machine where you're trying to configure the gateway connection. The gateway acts as a bridge between your on-premises data sources and Power BI Service.

2. Gateway Version: Ensure that you are using a compatible version of the Power BI Gateway with your Power BI Service. Sometimes, using an outdated or incompatible version can cause issues.

3. Data Source: Verify that the data source used in your dataflow requires a gateway. Not all data sources require a gateway. For example, cloud-based data sources like Azure SQL Database or web services don't require a gateway.

4. Dataflow Location: Check the location of your dataflow. The gateway connection is primarily used for dataflows that source data from on-premises data sources. If your dataflow is based on cloud data sources, you may not see the gateway option.

5. Permissions: Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to configure gateway connections in the Power BI Service. You might need appropriate permissions on both the Power BI Service and the on-premises data source.

6. Dataflow Ownership: Make sure that you are the owner of the dataflow or have the required permissions to manage the dataflow settings.

7. Service Health: Occasionally, there might be service issues on the Power BI Service side that affect gateway configuration. Check the Power BI Service status for any ongoing incidents.

8. Browser and Cache: Try accessing the Power BI Service and configuring the gateway connection using a different web browser. Sometimes, browser-related issues can affect the visibility of settings.

9. Refresh Dataflows: If you recently published the dataflow, try refreshing the dataflows list in Power BI Service. Sometimes, it can take a little time for the gateway option to become available.

10. Contact Support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's a good idea to contact Power BI support for further assistance. They can investigate and provide guidance based on your specific setup.

Remember to keep your Power BI Gateway, Power BI Desktop, and Power BI Service updated to the latest versions to ensure compatibility and access to the latest features and fixes.