cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateway disabled

ello, 

I wondr if there is someone facing the same problem as me. 

My  Enterprise Gateway was working smoothly until yesterday.  I don't know how but i cannot choose my EG to refresh my dataset : 

constat.JPG

I created a sample report to test the datasources, in the example below the error (EG disabled) is happening when i use a merge join in my power query : 

Cas PBI.JPG

when i deploy the report with this step i have this error "You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset. Please install a new personal gateway or configure the data source for an existing data gateway" 

but deploying without the merge join, everything works fine => i can select the EG! 

I use Two souces in my report : 

SQLSEVER for RLS table 

Excle file for Fichier table 

It seems strange to have this issue after a join operation in the model. 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Best Regards, 

KSABI

Comments
Frequent Visitor

As I couldn't wait for a fix (I agree with both of you, this is an old issue which as been accepted so I don't understand why this is taking so long...) I tried the workaround and it is not as difficult as I first understood.

You have to configure the gateway separetly only for the data sources which are combined.

For example if you combine a directory "D" whith a file "F" you have to configure one data source for the folder "D" (no need to configure for each file) and one data source for the file "F".

Regular Visitor

I agree the workaround is relatively easy for an individual or small business, but it's not feasible for a corporation.

Frequent Visitor

Any update on this?

This is becoming an old issue for what used to be a key feature.

I previously asked about this two weeks ago with no response.  What's going on?

This was a key feature we were using for at least one year.

Super Contributor

Hi All, 

This issue has been fixed. I have verified it. Could you please try it again and give some feedback?

There is a new release of Gateway. Please upgrade it first for better performance, which has nothing to do with this issue.

Best Regards,

Dale

Frequent Visitor

Hello Dale,

I just update the gateway to the latest version (14.16.6524.1) to verify and I can confirm that this is still not working.

David