Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gateway disabled

ello, 

I wondr if there is someone facing the same problem as me. 

My  Enterprise Gateway was working smoothly until yesterday.  I don't know how but i cannot choose my EG to refresh my dataset : 

constat.JPG

I created a sample report to test the datasources, in the example below the error (EG disabled) is happening when i use a merge join in my power query : 

Cas PBI.JPG

when i deploy the report with this step i have this error "You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset. Please install a new personal gateway or configure the data source for an existing data gateway" 

but deploying without the merge join, everything works fine => i can select the EG! 

I use Two souces in my report : 

SQLSEVER for RLS table 

Excle file for Fichier table 

It seems strange to have this issue after a join operation in the model. 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Best Regards, 

KSABI

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@ksabi

Did you add data source for the excel file in Power BI Service - Manage gateways as below? If there are two data sources in the PBIX file, we need to add both of the sources for the data gateway.

Gateway disabled_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

ksabi
Advocate II

@v-haibl-msft

Thank's for your replay. 

For the file datasource i'm using a folder (it contains other folders and files). Dossier.JPG

Everything was working fine until yesterday. 

I have many excel files in my reports, does it mean that should add them individually? (it worked with my folder source until yesterday!)

Another information, for the existing reports the planned refresh is still working despite the fact that the EG is disabled. 

Refresh.JPG

Thank you again for your help. 

Best Regards, 

KSABI

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@ksabi

How did you get data from the excel file in Power BI Desktop, through the Folder connector as below? If you're using the latest version of data gateway, could you please also try to restart the gateway?

Gateway disabled_2.jpgGateway disabled_3.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

ksabi
Advocate II

I'm using an excel source. 

I tried a folder like your methode and declared the source in my gateway as usual. 

Folder.JPG

Witout the "merge join" it works :

Gateway.JPG

But, when i use a "merge quey", i can't select my EG !!

My gateway is not up to date, is there some modifications on PBI Service? 

Best Regards, 

Khaled

bdymit
Resolver II

I ran into the same problem yesterday.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Data-Gateway-does-not-allow-merges-of-tables-coming-from-ne...

Here is the link to my post, to provide additional information.

Thank you!

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@ksabi

There is service update on 10/4/2017, not sure your issue is related to this update. Could you please update your data gateway to the latest one to see if issue persists?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue it seems.  CSV files and if i use a merge operation, that causes the gateway to stop accepting that project as being valid for refreshes.

Link to my thread if there is any details in there that help

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Strange-Gateway-issue/m-p/269883#M13296

ksabi
Advocate II

Hello @v-haibl-msft

I updated my EG yesterday but, the issue is not resolved! 

Best Regards, 

Khaled

vgdits
Frequent Visitor

We are also on the latest EG, restarted service and problem persists. 

v-haibl-msft
Employee

Hi All,

Could you please help collect the fiddler traces when publishing the report to Power BI Service and go to the schedule refresh page?

Please also open the gateway application and go to Diagnostics to export gateway logs.

You can share the traces and logs through online file serivce like OneDrive.

Fiddler.jpg

None of the gateways work_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert