Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gateway dataformat error on replicated gateway

I originally set up our on-premise data gateway using my laptop (for setup and testing purposes) and am now trying to move it to a desktop computer so that it will always be on.  I have had no issues with the original, laptop based gateway but when I setup the identical gateway on the dekstop computer I am getting the following error:

Underlying error code:-2147467259 Table: (varies)
Underlying error message:Unspecified error
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason:DataFormat.Error

Any ideas?  Is there a way to import the gateway configuration on the new setup to ensure that I have all of the settings matched correctly?

I am able to switch back to the laptop based gateway and refresh successfully.

Thank you in advance, Alex

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @acarmichael

Does the issue happen when you configure a new gateway or recover original gateway?

Please try to share gateway log files with us. You can upload them to your OneDrive and send the share link to me via private message.  

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

acarmichael
Regular Visitor

I am trying to switch my gateway over to a new computer.  The new gateway is set up, online and has all of the same configuration (as far as I can tell) as the original gateway but when I try to refresh my data with the new gateway, I get the following error: 

I can switch back to the original gateway and the refresh succeeds. Both are connected to the same access database.

Capture.JPG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @acarmichael

From your gateway log file, I found the error: Non-gateway exception encountered in activity scope: Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupValueException (0x80004005): Unspecified error. 

In your scenario, please check the on-premises data gateway log on account by open Services pane. If it's log on as a domain user, please try to set the user as local administrator then check if the same issue occurs. 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu