Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gateway connection with Oracle and Sharepoint data sources not working

We're trying to schedule gateway refresh for a dataset in Service that is connecting to our Oracle database and Excel files on SharePoint Online. Separately, we can refresh the data on both of these data sources. (i.e. we have installed and configured the gateway to our Oracle data warehouse.)

The problem we're having is when both of these sources are combined into one dataset, we're unable to schedule the refresh.  Is there a way to establish a Gateway connection with two different sources, Oracle and Sharepoint?

Hopefully we're just doing something wrong that this isn't a limitation of the Gateway.  Please let us know.  Thanks!!

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Are you using Table.NestedJoin function in Query Editor? If yes, the product team are looking into this issue.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

No we are not using Table.NestedJoin function in Query Editor

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Are you using the latest version of on-premises data gateway. According to the comments in this related idea, this scenario should work well with latest gateway release.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Herbert,

Yes we just upgraded to the latest version of on-premises data gateway prior to trying to establish the gateway connection with using both Oracle and Sharepoint Online. 

grazzhopper
Frequent Visitor

We seem to have the same issue. A simultaneous PowerBI connection through an On Premise DataGateway with our Oracle datase in conjunction with a connection to an Excelsheet on Sharepoint properly configured through the Sharepoint Connector in the PowerBI desktop Navigator with the right credentials does not seem possible once published to the PowerBI cloud.

It works in the PowerBI Desktop without problems.

Unless the connection to the Excelsheet on the Sharepoint location should also be directed through the On Premise DataGateway I don't see why the uploaded report complains about not being able to connect to the Datagateway for the Oracle connection.

Were there any updates to this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any update on this issue?

I am also facing a similar issue. In Power BI service, I could only refresh my report which uses Oracle and SharePoint data sources using my personal gateway, it doesn't allow me to select On-premise gateway. With other reports, the on-premise gateway works totally fine.

tommuirwebb
Frequent Visitor

We are also experiencing this issue. Has there been any feedback from Microsoft on this?