Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gateway alledgedly not configured for certain analysis service database

Hi,

I´m using the enterprise gateway to access various analysis services cubes, all of them work fine except for one. It has been running fine for weeks but suddenly I get the following Error:

Unbenannt.png

However the data gateway is configured and displayed as up and running:

Unbenannt.png

I also tried deleting and reconfiguring the data gateway without success.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Regards,

Nico

Comments
soptim_vond
Frequent Visitor

Additional Info: Usernames are also mapped correctly!

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@soptim_vond

Did you map user name with the type "Effective user names"? If yes and you are using the latest version of on-premised data gateway, but issue persits, I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).

Gateway alledgedly not configured for certain analysis service database_1.jpg

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

soptim_vond
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Hi! Yes, user names have been mapped exactly as described by you (which is also still working fine with other cubes from the same Analysis Services instance).

Ok thanks, I´ll try opening a support ticket like you suggested.

Regards,

Nico

soptim_vond
Frequent Visitor

fyi: I had tried republishing the report from Power BI desktop in the past, which did not resolve the issue. However, now I just deleted the entire dataset and all corresponding reports and dashboards and published it again from PBI desktop and now everything works fine, so nothing wrong with usernames, admin rights etc. but apparently just a bug somewhere deep down… J Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Nico

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered