Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gateway - Refresh Problem

Hello Guys,

I'm facing a huge problem about refreshing my dashboards on the app.powerbi. The gateway system is not working well and he is showing the follow screen:

Data source error{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The credentials provided for the MySql source are invalid. (Source at {myip};{mydataset}.)"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"MySql"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"{myip};{mydataset}"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessUnauthorized"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[{\"kind\":\"MySql\",\"path\":\"{myip};{mydataset}\"}]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessUnauthorized"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: {mytable}.
Cluster URIWABI-BRAZIL-SOUTH-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity IDaa5db203-4ab4-4d01-babb-797232d210f6
Request IDe4df98e9-9a18-fe52-ad70-fa6cb2b4f567
Time2020-03-23 13:33:21Z

Which is wierd because I can refresh on my power BI desktop with no problem.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having this error as well when I try to refresh my datasets. Maybe a Microsoft issue? My PBI Desktop keeps freezing when a file is open, having to force close. Not sure if this is related. I will let you know if I find anything out on my end.

CCChrisvdlaken
Regular Visitor

Yes I have the same problem since yesterday. Looks like it has something to do with the credentials but I didn't change anything so it's weird for Power Bi to say that the credentials are invalid. It was updating fine before. Also, some of my reports using the same credentials are updating normally.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, to solve te issue I had to reinstall and I created another gateway name. I hope it help you guys as well.

EduardoSantos
Frequent Visitor

I have a similar issue, same pbix file, working fine on the service, and working fine on the desktop. As soon as I change any table relationship in the data model and re-upload, doesn't refresh anymore with credential problems. In the desktop it works no matter what, just not on the service.

When I try to put the relationship as before, re upload, the service doesn't work again with credential problems.

Suleiman

This problem happened to us suddenly...

The solution that fixed this for us was to simply reset the recovery keys on the gateway and create new keys. That's it.

Hope this helps someone!

dscherrer
Regular Visitor

I've the same issue. Trying to update data from dataflow.

fsabate23

Hi!! I have the same issue, but in my cluster i have another data sources that are running okey. If i reset the keys, i lose all my connections with anothers dashboars that are running okey, dont?

thanks!

mepcontech

I had this problem and the issue was I had changed the windows password on my computer where some of my datasets were stored.  I had to go into the online service and got to Settings> Manage Connections and Gateways and then edit the credentials again for the datasets that weren't working.  I thought it had happened because of some other changes I had made and not something as simple as that.

tbastian
Frequent Visitor

Report with Incremental Refresh Failing at PowerBI service . The report refreshes without issue at the Desktop. 

The Gateway is online and functional . the Underlying Database is DB2 (LUW)  and the connection is using the Microsoft .Net driver 

Data source error:{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The credentials provided for the DB2 source are invalid.
craigleach
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem with Power BI incremental refresh in a premimum workspace. The load works for hours before failing with this error DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials. Did anyone find a solution?

Thanks,