Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gateway Network Connectivity Problem

Hi,

My gateway is offline. I tried to make the gateway online but I got this error

unreachable.JPG

I downloaded the new version of gateway, uninstall and reinstall it. But I got the same error.

What will be the possible solution to resolve this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

This is the service logs.

Starting trace on 7/1/2017 1:28:42 AM UTC
Version: 13.0.1700.2351

PersonalGatewayConfigurator.exe Information: 0 : Initialize MainViewModel
PersonalGatewayConfigurator.exe Information: 0 : GetConfiguratorStateAsync
PersonalGatewayConfigurator.exe Information: 0 : Exception thrown during GetConfiguration: 'Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayClient.GatewayConfigurationClientException: Error retrieving gateway configuration. ---> System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/powerbi/personalgatewayconfiguration/service that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. ---> System.IO.PipeException: The pipe endpoint 'net.pipe://localhost/powerbi/personalgatewayconfiguration/service' could not be found on your local machine.
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@cess02

After you uninstall the old version of personal gateway, could you please confirm that the related install folder is deleted under C:\Users\***\AppData\Local? If there are install folder remained there, please delete it manually and then reinstall the latest on-premises data gateway (personal mode, version 14.16.6349.1).

If issue persist, could you please try with on-premises data gateway (non-personal mode)?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

cess02
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Thank you for your response. I tried deleting the related folder and reinstall the latest version of gateway. Tried both personal and non-personal mode, but i got the same error. 

My network is connected to domain. Could this be the possible problem? I tried to connect this outside and it's working fine. Our network admin said that they didn't change anything. Do we need specific port for the gateway?

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@cess02

It seems that your issue is specific to your office network.

The gateway creates an outbound connection to Azure Service Bus. It communicates on outbound ports: TCP 443 (default), 5671, 5672, 9350 thru 9354. The gateway does not require inbound ports.

For details, please refer to https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem/#ports.

Please make sure that you've opened  those outbound ports.

Best Regards,
Herbert

cess02
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

As per checking today, our gateway is online now. But our network admin did not do anything. They still

not  opened the ports you mentioned. I'm just wondering, how did it happen?

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@cess02

We are not able to get the root cause without looking into the gateway logs and fiddler traces. If issue appears again, you can post a new thread or open a support ticket with gateway log ans fiddler traces.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

cess02
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Okay. Thank you very much for your help.