cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateway Data Connection Reports Will Not Refresh Power BI Services Analysis in Excel

Hi,

My Power BI Services - Analyze in Excel reports will not refresh.  I checked the connections/gateway section and found the following error but not sure how to resolve it.  Any suggestions please?

Error code: UnknownError
Data source error: Unknown error
Cluster URI: https://api.powerbi.com
Activity Id: f68e6116-f72d-42fa-b65d-39b66c3c7008
Request Id: e58a85c5-2fcc-4e03-a6ea-34c59928ec1a
Time: Wed Dec 07 2022 13:13:24 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
: undefined: The authentication type 'SingleSignOn' is not supported. Only the authentication type 'Windows' is supported.

Hi @JaclynPugh2022 ,

Based on the error information:

"undefined: The authentication type 'SingleSignOn' is not supported. Only the authentication type 'Windows' is supported."

Please check your authentication.

Understanding Windows authentication mode settings | VisualSVN Help Center

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-caitlyn-mstf
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @JaclynPugh2022 ,

Based on the error information:

"undefined: The authentication type 'SingleSignOn' is not supported. Only the authentication type 'Windows' is supported."

Please check your authentication.

Understanding Windows authentication mode settings | VisualSVN Help Center

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

JaclynPugh2022
Helper II

Side Comments: I don't use Power BI - Gateway (did not know I had to) just the Power BI Desktop and I publish to Power BI Services, and then export and analyze in Excel.  I keep having to make multiple small reports in excel as the services keeps saying query size limit is beyond 1042 MB.  I had to learn to merge all the small reports into one using Excel Power Query, due to this size limit.  Like i can make the report, then it's too huge to refresh.  

Thank you for investigating. 

Jackie