Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gateway Data Connection Reports Will Not Refresh Power BI Services Analysis in Excel

Hi,

My Power BI Services - Analyze in Excel reports will not refresh.  I checked the connections/gateway section and found the following error but not sure how to resolve it.  Any suggestions please?

Error code: UnknownError
Data source error: Unknown error
Cluster URI: https://api.powerbi.com
Activity Id: f68e6116-f72d-42fa-b65d-39b66c3c7008
Request Id: e58a85c5-2fcc-4e03-a6ea-34c59928ec1a
Time: Wed Dec 07 2022 13:13:24 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
: undefined: The authentication type 'SingleSignOn' is not supported. Only the authentication type 'Windows' is supported.

Hi @JaclynPugh2022 ,

Based on the error information:

"undefined: The authentication type 'SingleSignOn' is not supported. Only the authentication type 'Windows' is supported."

Please check your authentication.

Understanding Windows authentication mode settings | VisualSVN Help Center

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @JaclynPugh2022 ,

Based on the error information:

"undefined: The authentication type 'SingleSignOn' is not supported. Only the authentication type 'Windows' is supported."

Please check your authentication.

Understanding Windows authentication mode settings | VisualSVN Help Center

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

JaclynPugh2022
Helper II

Side Comments: I don't use Power BI - Gateway (did not know I had to) just the Power BI Desktop and I publish to Power BI Services, and then export and analyze in Excel.  I keep having to make multiple small reports in excel as the services keeps saying query size limit is beyond 1042 MB.  I had to learn to merge all the small reports into one using Excel Power Query, due to this size limit.  Like i can make the report, then it's too huge to refresh.  

Thank you for investigating. 

Jackie