Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gateway Creation is failing to get logged by audit logging

Hello,

I created both a personal and a shared on-premises gateway, and then tried to verify that Power BI audit logging would report upon their creation.  I verified that Audit logging had been turned on, and that my date range was valid.  When I filtered the audit log down to the "Created Power BI Gateway" event, zero results returned.

It appears that the audit log has a bug, where it doesn't track gateway creation.

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Patrick_Philipp,

Do you mean the Gateway log should log its own creation? I think it's the job of the OS. Please check it out in the system event viewer. If you don't know how to enable the system log, please refer to how_to_detect_software_installations.

If you still want the Gateway log to log the creation, please create an idea here.

Gateway_Creation_is_failing_to_get_logged_by_audit_logging

Best Regards,

Dale

Patrick_Philipp

Hi Dale,

No, that is not what I meant. I meant that when I log into powerbi.com as administrator, then go to admin portal, then go to the audit logs tab, then open the O365 admin center, I am presented with an audit log search feature.

This search feature allows me to search across a date range for all sorts of activities, including "Created Power BI Gateway." When I create a gateway, then do the search, nothing shows up in the audit log. I checked and we do have audit logging enabled for everything.

I will try to upload a picture of this in a bit.  I am having trouble with the upload at the moment.

Gateway Audit Log Not Work.png

Thanks,
Patrick