Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gate way offline or Not reachable

Hi All,

My data source resides on servers, through Remote desktop connection i can access data & create reports.

I have configured my PowerBI gateway in Personal mode, schedule refresh works file untill i logged in to session of Remote dessktop but everytime session expires(for Remote Desktop Connection) the gateway goes offline due to which refreshing report fails.

Please suggest if any configuration changes required in msc Services or how it can be handled 

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vedansh,

If the machine which hosts the on-premises data gateway personal mode is turned off, asleep, or not connected to the Internet, then the gateway will be offline and not reachable.

So you need to make sure this machine is running, and make sure the process Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.PersonalGateway.exe is keeping running after you launch gateway and sign in with your account. 

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

vedansh
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

As i mentioned i have installed over the server and access the same via VM,

so a chance of "on-premises data gateway personal mode is turned off, asleep, or not connected to the Internet, then the gateway will be offline and not reachable" not there.

our servers never down except for some quaterly setup change.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vedansh,

Based on my understanding, the gateway installed on the remote machine and after the session to remote machine is expired, the gateway in remote machine is offline, right? 

As I tested, the session to remote machine will not affect the gateway status in remote machine. I guess there might be specific settings on your side causes this issue. I would suggest you create a support ticket to let Microsoft engineer look into your real environment. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do restart the gateways in the server, if still persists then contact support team if you are a pro user

Aakula

Gateway or datasources not reachable