Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gantt chart cannot show multiple colors and reverts to original color

Using GANTT Chart by Lingaro on Power BI and want to apply to 4 different colors to represent 4 different categories for these projects. Before publishing the 4 colors can be seen -

CT_MS22_0-1643027215832.png

After publishing to the Power BI site it reverts back to the original color, regardless of category

CT_MS22_1-1643027245641.png

The colors are set for each category and saved before publishing, but it keeps reverting back to only one color. Any ideas?

Hi @Anonymous 

I’ve tested on it, but I couldn’t repro it. May I know if you republish the report to Power BI Service, will you see same issue? What browser are you using? Chrome or Edge? Are they the latest versions? If you switch to other browser, will you get same issue? What’s the version of your Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service?

You can check your Power BI Desktop version by Help>About

vcazhengmsft_0-1643080411787.png

You can check your Power BI Service version by Help&Support >About Power BI

vcazhengmsft_1-1643080411789.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous 

I’ve tested on it, but I couldn’t repro it. May I know if you republish the report to Power BI Service, will you see same issue? What browser are you using? Chrome or Edge? Are they the latest versions? If you switch to other browser, will you get same issue? What’s the version of your Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service?

You can check your Power BI Desktop version by Help>About

vcazhengmsft_0-1643080411787.png

You can check your Power BI Service version by Help&Support >About Power BI

vcazhengmsft_1-1643080411789.png

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Using Edge, tried to switch to Chrome and it also occurs, checked both are latest versions. Now it's reverting back to the first color when the graph was first made (even before the salmon color in the original post), please see - 

CT_MS22_0-1643099522476.png

Using Power BI desktop version to create May 2021
Using Power BI desktop version to deploy 2.96.1061.0 64-bit (August 2021)
Using Power BI Service version 13.0.17535.35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-cazheng-msft do you have any updates on your investigation?

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I found an similar issue in ICM 283957859 and product team said it’s related to the set of report theme. For more details, please refer to How report theme colors stick with your reports.

vcazhengmsft_0-1643276930245.png

Could you please check with this document and let me know more details about the configuration of these colors?

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @v-cazheng-msft I do not think it is because of the report theme. The issue is that it cannot display multiple colors, not that I cannot set or change the default color. It ignores other colors set for the legend and only uses the default color.

CT_MS22_0-1643353136422.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-cazheng-msft this issue is still unresolved, are there any updates?

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Please creating a support ticket in Power BI Support if you are a Pro user. Then, there will be a support engineer help you troubleshoot on this issue. It couldn't be better if you could post the root casue and the solution here once your issue is resovled with the support from the assigned engineer. Thanks in advance!

For how to creat a support ticket, please refer to this bolg.

Best Regards,