Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gantt 1.14.3 Not Rendering correctly, Problem in Power BI Service

Hi 

We use the standard Power BI Gantt Chart version 1.14.3 in a Power BI Report which is deployed to the Northern Europe Tenant. The visual renders correctly in Power BI Desktop but when the report is deployed to the Power BI Service some of the Legend items on some Tasks are not appearing. When doing a visual level filter only for that specific Task all the Legend items displays correctly. There are a few bookmarks in the report but this won't be the cause as the Bookmarks are configured in the Power BI Desktop version as well. 

We make use of SQL Azure Analytics and the latest Power BI Desktop version (April 2019)

Could someone please be of assistance. 

Kind Regards, Drickus  

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

It looks like you are getting data from the Azure Analysis Services, right? Do you import data to report or use connect live mode? 

I would suggest you check if the issue related to the report. You can download the sample report here, then publish it to your Power BI service, check if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun  

Thank you for the reply. That is correct, the report is doing a Connect Live connection to the SSAS Tabular model. 

Thank you for the link to the Gantt Chart by MAQ Software, we are however using the Gantt Chart published by Microsoft (Gantt 1.14.3.0)  

Kind Regards, Drickus 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please test with the sample report of Gantt chart visual: https://store.office.com/addinsinstallpage.aspx?rs=en-US&assetid=WA104380765

As I don't have the Azure Analysis Service subscription to test on my side, if the issue is not happen to the sample report, only for the report using Azure Analysis Service data source, I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

When you limit the amount of months you display in the Gant Chart it displaye's correctly in the Power BI Service.

This is either a 'bug' or limitation in the functionality but we could resolve the issue for the end users.

Kind Regards, Drickus