Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gantt 1.14.3 Data Label Position resetting

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post, but it seems to be a bug in the Gantt 1.14.3 visualization where the Data Label Position setting resets back to Top when navigating away from the tab and back again. There are only two options, Top and Right, and each time I set it to Right, navigate away from the tab and back again, that setting has reset to Top. 

Thanks.

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

I tested in both desktop and service, the Data Label won't force its position to "Right" automatically after I set it to "Top". I also tested to switch across multiple report pages, still could not reproduce this problem. 

Please update your desktop to the latest one for a test. If problem persists, please share the problematic PBIX file with me for check. Do mask sensitive data before sharing.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

jar2019
Helper I

Having the same issue on multiple reports. 

Alexamiadc
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue. The data labels default to Inside. Also, when selecting "top" location for the labels, the today line does not stretch all the way down.  Can't send my file, suggest you test on an old gantt chart that was updated, not on a new one. 

update: I got the latest Power Bi update and the problem persists. I tried creating a new gantt. On a NEW gant the labels don't default back to "inside" after selecting "top", but the today line remains short, only covering half of the page.

Also, is there an option to use the colors I selected instead of the lighter version that it is defaulting to? Lastly, the gridlines... are the optional? I can't fine the toggle to turn them off. Please help...

Time sensitive for me... no pressure 🙂 

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue but with Gantt 2.2.3.

I was working on the browser and I set up the data label to be on the "right".

Then, I go to another page and when I am back, the data label is set to "inside".

Hope you and fix it.

Edit: just noticed that it is ok if the tasks are not grouped.

If they are grouped, the data label will not appear in the right.