cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GA4 Connector

I would love to see Power BI and the Google Analytics Connector work together. How do we get this moving forward? 

Hi @sherryfoco,

You can use Google Analytics connector of Power BI Desktop to build a report. For more details, you can refer to Power BI + Google Analytics = Power Analytics | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI and Power Query Google Analytics connector - Power Query | Microsoft Docs.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @sherryfoco,

You can use Google Analytics connector of Power BI Desktop to build a report. For more details, you can refer to Power BI + Google Analytics = Power Analytics | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI and Power Query Google Analytics connector - Power Query | Microsoft Docs.

Best Regards,

sherryfoco

Unforunatly it only connects but does not bring back data for GA4. I have seen many others with this issue.

sherryfoco_0-1653051755339.png

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @sherryfoco,

There are two V4 APIs: V4 Reporting and V4 Data. What Power BI support now is V4 Reporting, which only has access to the properties available in Universal Analytics(V3). For V4 properties to be available, product group will add support for V4 Data API. But currently, there is no expected available time of this addition.

You may try the workaround in this post: Solved: Re: New Google analytics, I connect correctly but ... - Microsoft Power BI Community by connecting with a third party connector.

Best Regards,

dco

Google Analytics has released a new API for accessing GA4: Analytics Data API Overview  |  Google Analytics Data API  |  Google Developers

Given there's no other way to access data from current versions of Google Analytics – and GA is by far the most-used web analytics tool – is the PowerBI team looking to support this soon to re-enable GA data integation?