Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GA4 Connector

I would love to see Power BI and the Google Analytics Connector work together. How do we get this moving forward? 

Hi @sherryfoco,

You can use Google Analytics connector of Power BI Desktop to build a report. For more details, you can refer to Power BI + Google Analytics = Power Analytics | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI and Power Query Google Analytics connector - Power Query | Microsoft Docs.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @sherryfoco,

You can use Google Analytics connector of Power BI Desktop to build a report. For more details, you can refer to Power BI + Google Analytics = Power Analytics | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI and Power Query Google Analytics connector - Power Query | Microsoft Docs.

Best Regards,

sherryfoco

Unforunatly it only connects but does not bring back data for GA4. I have seen many others with this issue.

sherryfoco_0-1653051755339.png

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @sherryfoco,

There are two V4 APIs: V4 Reporting and V4 Data. What Power BI support now is V4 Reporting, which only has access to the properties available in Universal Analytics(V3). For V4 properties to be available, product group will add support for V4 Data API. But currently, there is no expected available time of this addition.

You may try the workaround in this post: Solved: Re: New Google analytics, I connect correctly but ... - Microsoft Power BI Community by connecting with a third party connector.

Best Regards,

dco

Google Analytics has released a new API for accessing GA4: Analytics Data API Overview  |  Google Analytics Data API  |  Google Developers

Given there's no other way to access data from current versions of Google Analytics – and GA is by far the most-used web analytics tool – is the PowerBI team looking to support this soon to re-enable GA data integation?

lesyk0090
Frequent Visitor

@v-cazheng-msft  How is there no expected timeline on this? GA4 has been released the Data API has been released, it looks like the .NET libraries are almost a v2 so that shouldnt be a concern. This is an essential part of getting google data into any visualization platform and your suggestion is to just go someplace else? 

GavinBrogan
Frequent Visitor

Hi

At time of writting there isn't an official GA4 connector so options are limited however, I have put together a custom connector which you are welcome to give a try until something official comes along. 

I've written a blog article on setting it up. Hope it isn't out of order posting links here   

https://cooriedug.com/ga4-power-bi-connector-beta/

There seems to be confusion between the APIs, V4 is actually a Universal Analytics API. You need to use the Google Analytics Data API v1 API for GA4.    

ReportGuru
Helper IV

Hi @sherryfoco  Now you have the 2.0 beta connector which is compatible with GA4 data, but seems like that one is still presenting some issues. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party tool. I've tried windsor.ai, supemetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the GA4 connector in the data sources list:

GA4-1.png

After that, just grant access to your GA4 account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your GA4 fields:

GA4-2.png

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png