Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fuzzy Merge not refreshing with On-premises data gateway

Capture.PNG

Getting the above error when trying to refresh my report using the fuzzy merge preview feature (New with October release.) Have updated On-premises data gateway to October's release. Refreshes fine on desktop. Any ideas?

Comments
Mallev
Advocate I

I have exaclty the same issue. Works fine on desktop but fails the refresh.

Also updated the gateway to latest version.

Only solution I have is to disable the new fuzzy lookup table for now.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous@Mallev,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 89715905. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I got information below: 

"Fuzzy Matching" is only supported in Power BI desktop since October release. There is no ETA when this feature will be supported on Power BI service or On-Prem Data Gateway.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Mallev
Advocate I

Thats a real shame.

I guess you should update the blog post that says this is supported in the October release.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-october-2018-feature-summary/

"Please note that in order to be able to refresh datasets that leverage this feature in the Power BI service, you will need to upgrade to the October release of the On-premises data gateway."

Thanks for the feedback.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Mallev,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have delivered it internally, will update here if I get any response. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue. This is a real bottleneck. The fuzzy merge feature works great but I have to refresh data sets on a regular basis. Please fix soon. For now, I have been re-publishing my dataset manually and updating  the app so my SharePoint users can see this data. Thanks! 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@Mallev The feedback already delivered to PM team. 

@Anonymous As mentioned previously, there is no ETA when will fuzzy merge supported on Power BI service. You can keep an eye on this article to see updated features on Power BI service: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-whats-new

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any update on this? Having to update dashboards via the desktop app is proving to be time costly for our company.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I experience exact the same issue with fuzzy match with the same error description.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost 2 years later, this issue still seems to be here, any work around other than removing the fuzzy matching