Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ISSUE: Funnel Chart Can't Display Percent When There is a Calculation Group in the Data Set

Hi,

I have found, what I hope is a bug in the funnel chart visual. I have a report with a funnel chart, but when I create a caculation group in the data set the funnel cannot display values as percent. 

The data is structured in a table with three different measures that will be displayed in a standard funnel chart. Each values is a calculated decimal values representing a percentage.

Apples

Pears

Oranges

The funnel looks something like this:

fibaek_0-1619590934979.png

This works perfectly fine as long as there are no calculation groups in the data set – the values are displayed properly as a percentage value. Even with Discourage Implicit Measures enabled. However when I add a calculation group into the mix, the values are displayed as regular decimal values. The calculated values are formatted as percentage.

fibaek_1-1619590935020.png

I can create a calculation group to achieve this, but creating a separate group (and thus a table) for each funnel visual isn’t really an option.

Does anyone know of a solution to this issue? It looks like a bug, but I'm hoping there is some kind of work around for it.

Examples:

Sample dataset without a calculation group 

Sample data with a caculation group 

Cross posted here, hoping that someone has a worksaround: Community cross post 

Kind regards,

/Sune

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

I have reported this issue internally, ICM: 238886965

will update here once I get any information.

Regards,

Lin

fibaek
Helper I

Hi @v-lili6-msft 

Thanks for your reply and for raising the issue internally. Looking forward to further updates.

/Sune

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

I get this from PG:

This is an unsupported scenario, because the visual has no grouping. internally, we have a work item tracking this request, but we do not have an ETA to share at this point: Feature 369568 : Conditional formatting for categorical with no grouping scenario (no categories and no series)

Regards,

Lin