Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Full screen not working in iOS

Hello,

We are embeding Power BI reports into our app, and we've added the functionality to view an embed in full screen mode.

This feature is working in a desktop browser. However, it doesn't work in iOS in Safari and Google Chrome.

Using Safari Web Inspector, we managed to catch some console errors, which are:

When loading the embed:

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (ai.0.js.map, line 0)

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () (interact.min.js.map, line 0)

When clicking on full screen:

[Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'requestFullScreen.call')
fullscreen (powerbi.js:798)

We also tried the full screen functionality from the power bi embed demo site, and it doesn't work either.

Is there something we can do to fix this? Is this a bug and needs to be fixed by Power BI team?

Thanks,

Gica.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @gicagugui,

I tested with the Power BI embedded sample report (https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/demo/v2-demo/index.html#) in iPhone iOS 12.1.4, the report can display in full screen mode fine. Please test it again on your side. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

gicagugui
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft!

Thanks for the feedback. I did try again and I still didn’t managed to view the report full screen.

I am trying from the same version of iOS, in Safari.

Bellow is a print screen of the report, but when I try to run the full screen operation, it does not work.

CE5BCBF8-2C8B-4F01-9E6C-8D8D819E2065.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @gicagugui ,

Please go to Settings pane and find the safari browser, go to advanced settings, there is a "Experimental Features" button, click on it will see Fullscreen API option, please ensure it's turned on. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu