Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Full Data Export for Analyze in Excel

Hello PowerBI team,

It would be appreciated if we could export the entire data set with the charts and graphs that we have placed into PowerBi through the Analyze in Excel function. As of now when you go to export, it exports the data into the backend, however you have to rebuild all of the tables and charts from scratch.

This is essentially starting over the whole process for those users who would like to analyze in excel. The only other work around I have found is to export each individual table into different sheets and then combine the sheets. This is very inefficient and would be better served if you could just export the entire data set, backend data and charts/tables built already in PowerBi. We have many users who use the reports and want to pull out and do their own analysis in excel, however they are unable to do this currently in a coherent manner. I am sure this is also an issue with other individuals who's main user base is primarily excel users.

Hi, 

If you have an idea to help to improve the PowerBI, you can go to the Power BI Idea to submit a new idea so that people with the same idea can vote for you. I will also vote for you.

vrobertqmsft_0-1637573438993.png

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi,

As far as I’m concerned, you can simply use the “Connect to dataset” function in the Power BI desktop to achieve your needs:

vrobertqmsft_0-1637288381787.png

Please refer to this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-report-lifecycle-datasets

Best Regards,

Intrepidtravels

Hello @v-robertq-msft

To clarify, I was speaking about the powerbi online function of Analyze in Excel as shown in the below screenshot.

Intrepidtravels_0-1637328248575.png

When this is selected for users who were provided access to the report, it pulls it out into a blank sheet with a pivot table on it with nothing in it(second screenshot).

Intrepidtravels_1-1637328385192.png

The users can then bring back the data into the pivot table and essentially recreate the whole report, or they can individually export all of the graphs into different excel sheets and then combine them per the third screenshot.

Intrepidtravels_2-1637328462439.png

The provided solution would be a good way to provide all the users with seperate PBIX files but, does not involve an excel based solution. 

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi, 

If you have an idea to help to improve the PowerBI, you can go to the Power BI Idea to submit a new idea so that people with the same idea can vote for you. I will also vote for you.

vrobertqmsft_0-1637573438993.png

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Intrepidtravels

Hello @v-robertq-msft,

Ok I was under the impression this was the place to do so and have now placed this as well into the submit an idea portion for the admin team to review. Thanks again.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

OK, thanks!