Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Free external user unable to view same dashboard which is accessible to Internal Free user

Hi,

I have shared a dashboard with several users within Organization and Outside of Organziation, however, external free user (NON Pro user) cannot view dashboard suddenly. So

External Free users CANNOT view

External Pro user CAN view

Internal Pro user CAN view

Internal Free user CAN view

Data source is SQL Server Standard 2016

Gateway is up and running and schedule refresh is working fine.

Error1: Could not load the schema for data model

Error2: Error on loading Dashboard"The data shown in this tile is no longer available."

Any thoughts please.

Thanks

Asam

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@masam

Please take a look at the section of “When you share your dashboard with people outside your organization” in this document to see if it helps.

BTW, does the string of &share=1 exsit at the end of the sharing link that external users get via email? If not, please try to appped &share=1 at the end of the sharing link, e.g.
https://app.powerbi.com/claiminviteredirect.html?tenant=78b663a1-b003-456f-94bf-e52102f0b33b&invitat...&share=1

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

masam
Regular Visitor

Herbert,

First thing which i have noticed "This dashboard contains Power BI Pro content. Only users that have Power BI Pro will have access to it"

Yes i have shared a dashboard with Pro contents and dashboard is shared with Free users and those free users cannot see the  contents

However, I have disabled the "Auto-refresh schedule" and all Pro and Free user can see the dashboard content as normal. Surpirse!

Only problem left is how to give "One Daily refresh" to Free user. Is this do able even with the Pro contents? If not then what is the purpose of One refresh per day to Fee user as per Microsoft pricing model please?

Thanks.