Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Formula bar is covered by tooltips in February update of Power BI Desktop

With the latest Power BI Desktop update of Feb 2018, when adding a calculated column editing is virtually impossible because the function tooltips cover the formula bar. So the input is not visible.

I'm using a Surface Book with 3000x2000 resolution. Changing the scaling does not fix this issue.

A coworker using a Surface Pro 4 (default resolution) does not have this issue. The only difference we can think of is that I'm using the Windows Store version of Power BI Desktop, while he has manually updated the stand-alone version.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Michiel,

Please download the Power BI desktop February version here, then check if the same issue occurs. 

When you use the Power BI desktop which installed from the Store, please change resolution to the recommended setting, then test if issue persists. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Michiel
Resolver III

This issue started right AFTER the update to the February version (through the Store). I didn't have this problem before the update. I'm using recommended resolution and scaling settings, but changing these does not help.

Formulabar.jpg

I uninstalled the Store version and installed the download version, but keep having the same issue. The problem also occurs when editing a measure.

Michiel
Resolver III

With the latest update (2.55.5010.641) this issue is solved!