Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Formatting Matrix Visual Causes Error

A matrix visual in a dahsboard I manage is not showing all expected data.  In trying to remedy the issue, I have created a new tab with a matrix visual and tried to replicate the original, including formatting.

When I set up the new visual, all data appears as expected, though the format is not as in the original visual.  When I attempt to change the style of the visual to match, I get an error message.  I ave also tried copying the original visual to the new page and get the same error if I try to change the format of the original visual to any other format.

Though it seems unlikely formatting is causing the data to be incomplete, it is clear something is broken in the formatting of matrix visuals.  Any ideas for a fix?

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2021-09-09T15:48:51.2943293Z

Local Time:
2021-09-09T08:48:51.2943293-07:00

Session ID:
78a04db2-13e1-43bd-94f6-e3e09c4073e6

Release:
September 2021

Product Version:
2.97.443.0 (21.09) (x64)

Stack Trace:
Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.JavaScriptException
at clearStylePresetDefinedProperties (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/exploreUIShell.js:6065:87)
at Object.saveVisualProperty [as save] (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/exploreUIShell.js:6056:94)
at ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/exploreUIShell.js:7198:51
at UndoRedoStack.register (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/explore.js:18101:163)
at UndoRedoService.register (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/explore.js:18061:52)
at UndoRedoService.register (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:48740:39)
at _loop_3 (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/exploreUIShell.js:7197:267)
at PropertyPaneController.save (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/exploreUIShell.js:7207:25)
at fn (eval at compile (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/angular.js:16508:15), <anonymous>:4:311)
at PropertyCardController.destination.<computed> [as cardChanged] (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/angular.js:11497:22)

PowerBINonFatalError:
{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.97.443.0","ModuleName":"ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/exploreUIShell.js","Component":"","Error":"TypeError","MethodDef":"clearStylePresetDefinedProperties","ErrorOffset":"6065:87"}

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.19043.0 (x64 en-US)

CLR Version:
4.7 or later [Release Number = 528372]

Peak Virtual Memory:
105 GB

Private Memory:
2.33 GB

Peak Working Set:
2.48 GB

IE Version:

User ID:
27dc3323-4e74-406c-9777-34166a2a1f75

Workbook Package Info:
1* - en-US, Query Groups: 5, fastCombine: Enabled, runBackgroundAnalysis: True.

Telemetry Enabled:
True

Model Default Mode:
Composite

Model Version:
PowerBI_V3

Enabled Preview Features:
PBI_JsonTableInference
PBI_ImportTextByExample
PBI_ExcelTableInference
PBI_rdlNativeVisual

Disabled Preview Features:
PBI_shapeMapVisualEnabled
PBI_SpanishLinguisticsEnabled
PBI_qnaLiveConnect
PBI_azureMapVisual
PBI_dataPointLassoSelect
PBI_compositeModelsOverAS
PBI_dynamicParameters
PBI_enhancedTooltips

Disabled DirectQuery Options:
TreatHanaAsRelationalSource

Cloud:
MSIT

Recent Actions:
DrillDownLevel, SavePropertyPane, VisualContainerPersistProperties, VisualContainerPersistProperties, AddEmptyVisualContainer, AddFieldToVisual, AddFieldToVisual, MoveProjection, AddFieldInRole, DrillDownLevel, DrillDownLevel, VisualContainerPersistProperties, VisualContainerPersistProperties, DrillUp, DrillDownLevel

DPI Scale:
100%

Supported Services:
Power BI

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@JlmillerRedmond 

The version above downloaded from MS Store is in private beta. Try version at https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=58494.

JlmillerRedmond
Employee

I wish I could download the stable version, but can't due to company policy.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@JlmillerRedmond 

You may check Limitations and considerations section.