Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Format Page under Visualizations doesn't show any categories

I have a report which was built over 3 years ago and have applied all the updates, but unless I start from scratch I can't seem to access the visualizations format page and adjust the categories for the page.  individual visuals I can, but not the entire page.  I wam wanting to create some tool tips and can't get any access to do this.  

Also, when I right click to revert all setting to default it returns errors.  any thoughts to fix this?

Hi,

Would you like to post a download link of the pbix file with this issue without the sensitive data if it’s possible and we can help you to check if it’s an existing issue in the Power BI?

I also suggest you to make sure you have updated to the latest version of the Power BI desktop.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
jnettle
Frequent Visitor

Example of what I am seeing when going to this section 

jnettle_0-1643839631867.png

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi,

Would you like to post a download link of the pbix file with this issue without the sensitive data if it’s possible and we can help you to check if it’s an existing issue in the Power BI?

I also suggest you to make sure you have updated to the latest version of the Power BI desktop.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

jnettle
Frequent Visitor

Hi Robert,  I will attach a similar file as the one I am having issues with.  I stripped out all the data.  I have also updated to the lastest version of PowerBI Desktop.  The files were orginally created back in 2017/18 timeframe if that helps too.  

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0e31CscPqs-MTjBPbf94aXKQg#MS_Share

jnettle
Frequent Visitor

Hey Robert, 

Any luck from anyone on the fix?  I really don't want to rebuild it all in a new report

jnettle
Frequent Visitor

Well, I supose I will take the silence on this as I just need to rebuild my entire report.  Fun

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can’t download the pbix file you posted because of the security policy for your link is got from iCloud.

In my opinion, if you want to get a solution for this kind of format Page problem after the update as soon as possible, I suggest you to open a support ticket to get direct help from the technical support team of Microsoft to have a remote session with you to help them to make sure if this is an issue existing in the Power BI.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,