Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Focus icon disapears in visual with drill down and not enough report canvas width

The Focus icon dissapears in visuals if the report canvas i snot wide enough and the visual has drill-down fields defined. 

For example if the report is not full screen or the other panes are open and limit the width of the canvas, as you can see in the image the Focus icon has dissapeared because the report canvas is below a certain width, yet there is plenty of room to display the adfditional icon.

Drill.JPG

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@nariusp ,

Do you get this issue in Power BI Desktop or Power BI Service? What is the version of Power BI Desktop do you use? How do you set the page size in the report?

We will appreciate it if you can share the PBIX file containing dummy data here. I will test it on my side.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

nariusp
Advocate II

It only occurs in the service when the browser is not wide enough or other panes are open, you can see this if you publish the attached pbix (dummy data) and then make the broswer window half the screen width for example.

I am using the March release of PBID (but the problem is in the service not in PBID).

nariusp
Advocate II

This test pbix is in Dropbox: 

Focus Test PBIX

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@nariusp ,

Thanks for sharing the PBIX file. Even without the drilldown/drillup icons, the focus icon will disappear after you narrow the browser window. In my opinion,  it is a normal behavior.

Regards,
Lydia

nariusp
Advocate II

Hi I'm, sorrry but losing the Focus icon is not normal behaviour if other icons remain and blank space is also available, this could and should be fixed. I understand it may be your opinion, but that view is not shared by my client who has raised this as an issue.

Regards,

Narius

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@nariusp ,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 111372406 . I will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

nariusp
Advocate II

Thank you, users reported it as a bug from their persepctive as it was unexpected behaviour and they could no longer expand those visuals that were affected.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@nariusp ,

I got the following response from PG:

"we are aware of the limitation but don't plan on fixing this soon. Report authors can hide individual visual header icons to ensure the icons they want are still clickable on really small visuals."

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@nariusp ,

I got the following response from PG:

"we are aware of the limitation but don't plan on fixing this soon. Report authors can hide individual visual header icons to ensure the icons they want are still clickable on really small visuals."

Regards,
Lydia